Keeping your office or workspace clean and disinfected must be a priority to protect yourself and your employees from illness. In the middle of the pandemic, we learned a lot about how to disinfect our environment and this is a process that we're going to keep.
How To Properly Sanitize Your Office Or Workspace:
Start by cleaning all surfaces with a detergent or disinfectant. Pay particular attention to areas that are often touched, such as door handles, light switches, and the copy machine. You can also use a household disinfectant spray or wipes to clean these surfaces.
Next, disinfect the air. You can do this by using an ozone generator or an ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) system. An ozone generator produces ozone gas, which kills bacteria and viruses. A UVGI system uses ultraviolet light to kill germs in the air.
Then, use a dehumidifier to keep the humidity level in your office below 50%. High humidity encourages the growth of mold and mildew, which can cause respiratory problems. Also, keep your office clean and free of clutter to discourage the growth of pests, such as cockroaches and mice.
We recommend ending all the processes by disinfecting the floor because it is the most contaminated surface. To disinfect the office or workspace, you will need:
- A bucket of hot water
- Dishwashing soap
- One or two clean rags
- A spray bottle filled with plain water
Start by sweeping or vacuuming all the dirt and debris from the floors and surfaces. Next, mix one tablespoon of dishwashing soap in a bucket of hot water.
Wipe down all the surfaces with the soapy rag, making sure to get into all the cracks and crevices. Rinse off all the suds with a clean rag dipped in plain water.
Now it's time to disinfect! Pour 1/2 cup of bleach into a spray bottle filled with plain water. Spray down all the surfaces, including corners and crevices.
Let everything sit for about 10 minutes before rinsing off with fresh water. Finally, mop or wipe up any remaining bleach solution from the floor.
What Is The Recommended Surface Cleaning Method To Prevent Viruses?
The viruses can be killed by using a disinfectant. To clean the surfaces so to avoid viruses, you need to use a disinfectant that is effective against them.
The surfaces in your office or workspace that are likely to come into contact with the virus should be cleaned with a disinfectant at least once a day. In addition, you should also clean these surfaces after each use.
You can use a hospital-grade disinfectant or an EPA-registered disinfectant. The hospital-grade disinfectants are more effective against viruses, but they can also be more harmful to humans and the environment.
The EPA-registered disinfectants are less harmful to humans and the environment, but they may not be as effective against viruses.
How To Disinfect An Office?
- Sweep the floors and clean any crumbs or dirt with a wet cloth or mop.
- Wipe down all surfaces with a disinfectant. Pay special attention to doorknobs, light switches, computer keyboards, and telephones.
- Vacuum the carpets and furniture.
- Dust all surfaces, including blinds and ceiling fans.
- Dispose of any trash in a lined garbage can.
- If needed, shampoo the carpets or steam clean the furniture.
Tips To Disinfect An Office
- Make a list of the tasks that need to be done and check them off as you go. This will help you stay organized and avoid missing anything.
- Be sure to use a disinfectant that is effective against all types of bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
- Pay special attention to high-traffic areas, such as doorways and entrances, where germs are more likely to accumulate.
- Vacuum every surface, including carpets and furniture, to remove any dust or dirt particles.
- Dispose of trash in a lined garbage can to prevent pests from invading your office space.
Cleaning services are typically used to remove dirt, dust, and debris from surfaces. Disinfection services are typically used to kill bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms.
Both services are important for maintaining a healthy and safe office or workspace, but disinfection is more important for preventing the spread of illness.
It doesn't matter how clean your office or workspace is if it isn't properly disinfected.
If you need to keep your office disinfected, safe and impeccable, these practices become your best ally to achieving the best result. In most cases, it is important to let professional cleaning companies take care of it. This way you optimize time and budget.
As a professional commercial cleaning company, you can request a free quote, we have tailored rates and no contract is required.